WW&R

www.weltman.com

You Get Out of It What You Put Into It

Pros

The industry is highly competitive, and the firm has done very well keeping competitive. This is a tough industry to work in, and you must understand what you are getting into. It's challenging work, but anything easy isn't really worth doing, right? That's the bottom line.

The culture continues to evolve, and many changes are occurring that promote new ideas and opportunities for improvement. Good compensation and good benefits. There are recognition programs for top-performing staff members. Excellent training programs.

Cons

The culture has been slow to change over time. There are some difficult people to work with, but you have that in any organization.

Your level of success is determined by the success of your team. Managers - listen and communicate openly with your staff members. But most importantly - Listen.

Other reviews for WW&R

Fearful place of employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Pros

I have nothing to list.

Cons

Very bad experience overall. Attorney's are rude and have no professionalism, they are so out of touch with reality and the ability to run a business. Many partners have been there for 20+ years and have no other work experience, they were "raised" in this Firm with the wolves. I'm suprised the Firm has made it this long without shutting down. Their processes and technology is dated from the 80's and 90's. If you are an upstanding individual with integrity, this is not the place to work. They try to have "employee appreciation" initiatives but the employee is asked to donate money? Is this backwards or what? Raises are frozen for 2013, maybe you should try to deomonstrate employee appreciation by giving raises? Oh that's right the Firm is struggling financially therefore the employees suffer but not the partners. The partners still recieved their bonuses.

Fire the crooked Partners!

Sometimes, Your Job Is As Good As You Make It...and Mine Is Good!

Pros

On day 1 - you start with over two weeks of Paid Time Off - seriously! I work in a highly-skilled role within the firm, so I get paid fair market value for my service. Those who knowingly choose to take an hourly position should know what they're getting. I think the firm places appropriate value on work based on the responsibility of the function, so no, the hourly positions don't make as much money as the salaried executives, nor should they.

Furthermore, this firm has one of the BEST training programs around, so people have the opportunity the VASTLY improve themselves professionally AT NO COST - WWRUniversity is unlike any other training program I've seen (not sure how anyone could fault the training opportunities here).

Good work is genuinely rewarded with recognition (although it would be nice if they would promote from within more often - some recent top executive hires from outside the firm have me scratching my head). Lastly, I have recommended this firm to my friends (one of them was eventually hired), because it's a great place to work if you're a REAL professional and behave like a professional. But it's not easy work, and if you HAVE to know what you're getting into or you're going to have a false impression of what your work life will be.

Cons

There have been a few staff adjustments this year, which is never easy for anyone. Also, if you are comfortable working for lawyers (those crazy creatures with really funny personalities) then don't bother doing it. They aren't always easy to work for, and I laugh whenever I hear people express shock about what it's like to work for attorneys - if you can't stand the heat, don't walk into the kitchen.

Stop pandering to the lowest common denominator when you recruit and hire employees. If you want loyalty, promote a culture that embraces loyalty. Stop hiring the village idiots and invest some time and money in GOOD people.

There are newer employer reviews for WW&R.

Worked for WW&R? Contribute to the Community!