It's.......Ok

Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Grove City, OH
Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Grove City, OH

I have been working at WW&R full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers, the pay is OK and bonuese are great (IF you hit your monthly goal), Benefits and Paid Time-Off is nice. The clients are good to work for, good experience under your belt.

Cons

The management/Supervisor staff is a joke. Nothing but drama. Supervisors sit there and gossip all day and cause drama and they DO NOT leave their personal lives at the door. They are very unprofessional. Well, some one them. Its hard to submit a request for something to change so you can better yourself there. If you submit it, good chances are it wont get done. It's very hit or miss. Raises are on hold, so you're stuck making what you signed for. No room for moving up in the company. Its not a career, just a filler.

Advice to Management

Leave your drama at home.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Love working here!

Current Employee - Member of A Great Team in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Member of A Great Team in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at WW&R full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A company is only as good as the people that work within it. I have found amazing people here at WWR. I had reservations about working downtown, as I live quite a distance from the Cincinnati Office. I had reservations about working in a large law firm, especially a collection law firm. I thought they would be snooty, stuffy, arrogant, ruthless and unethical in their practices of collecting. I was so wrong. The attorneys in the Cincinnati Office are none of the things I feared. They are highly ethical and actually fun to be around! The employees I have come to know are warm, welcoming and helpful. The Management that I have dealt with go out of their way to help keep moral up with many activities that bring unity to the team. I have read many of the opinions posted on this site. I find that most are from prior employees. Some people are just better suited for the competition, and some aren't. Some people aren't cut out to do the work that we accomplish at WWR, that's ok. They needed to go where they will be happy, and their place within the firm was filled with others that were unhappy elsewhere and looking for a place just like this in which to work. A few opinions are from current employees, and one is from the current CEO. I'm glad to see that the upper management cares enough to check out this site and see why people are happy &/or unhappy, and why some eventually leave. This is the spirit of this firm and another reason why I love being here. They are not above saying we need to change with the times, and then care enough to make the many changes that are currently happening in the firm. The upper management, as I have learned, is not one that just gives lip service. They are going to great lengths and expense to make WWR the best in the business. I am so glad I decided to come to this firm, and I am so glad I was wrong about my first thoughts of working within a large law firm in downtown Cincinnati. I've learned a lot in the years that I have been with you.

Cons

Yes there are some cons. No one and nothing is completely perfect. A personal 'con': The type of law that is practiced here is not the type I ever thought I would support with my hard work. The times have been hard on a lot of people and I would much rather be making a positive impact in the lives of people. There have been people in management and staff that were not to the standards that I like to work with, but they have now gone elsewhere. Thankfully nothing stays the same forever. The industry is in a slump, leaving me to find things to do at times. Thankfully, nothing stays the same for ever and this too will change.

Advice to Management

Upper Management: Keep up the good work! Lower Management: Understand that just because you have been given a title, that does not mean you've made it to the easy life. Your title is not a gift/prize, if you want to keep it, you must earn it everyday. Realize that your people are your support. Hire good people, treat them right and your foundation will hold you up. If you hire people for personal reasons, friends, family, etc. that can not or will not do the job, your foundation will crumble, and you will go down with it.

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Collector in Grove City, OH
    Former Employee - Collector in Grove City, OH

I worked at WW&R full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and vacation time when you start from day one.

Cons

You can work there for many years but if you outlive your usefullness they will make your work life miserable until you want to quit. Then if you don't quit they will find a reason to fire you. This happens to all types of employees even those who have been working there for over 10 years. If you are looking for a career, don't count on Weltman.

Advice to Management

Please limit the department meetings. Whenever an employee makes a mistake you don't have to call every employee in to talk about it when a simple email would suffice.