WW&R

www.weltman.com

Worst place I've worked at.

Former Employee - Clerical  in  Brooklyn Heights, OH
Former Employee - Clerical in Brooklyn Heights, OH

Pros

I'm thankful for some of the personal relationships I made.

Cons

Where should I begin? I was there for nearly 2yrs and management barely knew who I was (let alone the attorneys). This is a good place if you're goal is to be fake and suck up to EVERYONE. The laziest most unprofessional and rude person is easily forgiven as long as they know who's rear end to kiss. As long as things were well, everyone was friendly and helpful but as soon as one little thing went wrong, management turned into the most unprofessional and rude people. My supervisor was an idiot- she barely knew how to type and never knew what was going on, yet was praised for all of the hard work WE did. 90% of the people are two-faced and gossipy. There is an unrealistic expectation of how much work one person can handle. In nearly 2yrs I never received a raise or bonus of ANY kind. As soon as some of my team members spoke up, we were called disrespectful and ungrateful and were told to become collectors for instant gratification. I don't recommend this place to anyone! All talk, no action! Other law firms even look at this place as a joke.

Get a clue. The continuous layoffs are happening because management is a joke!

Other reviews for WW&R

Very Stressful

Former Employee - Associate  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Associate in Troy, MI

Pros

Good benefits and the pay is not bad in this economy

Cons

Very stressful. The climate is set up to judge employees a month at a time. If you have a good month, then great, But you start over at the end of each month and you CAN be fired for having one bad month since the past is forgotten at the beginning of each month. The billing requirements for attorneys can get you disbarred. They set a dollar figure to hit-not an hourly billing quota. So if you cannot hit the number they set due to the low hourly rate they are billing certain clients, too bad. Attorneys are encouraged to over bill to make the number. The number is between $35,000 - $45,000 per month. Doesn't sound bad until you find out that some of the clients are billed as low as $125 per hour. Do the math on that. It cannot be done ethically.

Get realistic and stop expecting your attorneys to put their license on the line to make your impossible numbers.

Best place to learn where NOT to work!!

Pros

it is an excellent "foot in the door" job. You can learn the basics.

Cons

Management was very unskilled also a push-over. because of this he would okay everything done by everyone and when it would come back to bite him in the butt he would become very unprofessional and stay in his office with the doors closed or not talk to anyone for days at a time. The company laid off most of the employees and gave the rest an unrealistic workload then and used intimidation if the workers complained (ex. you are lucky to have a job) The office I was in had a very high turnover rate from administrative to attorneys...manager came to the job with no legal experience...and the office has suffered drastically due to this...

Learn how to manage, recognize that if the office has constantly failed while under your management you might need to try a different technique...also learn the jobs of your employees..it makes it a lot easier to assist or even reprimand if you understand whats going on

There are newer employer reviews for WW&R.

Worked for WW&R? Contribute to the Community!