Wabash National

There are newer employer reviews for Wabash National

Terrible

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Lafayette, IN
Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Offers a fast paced and challenging environment.

Cons

Little feedback from upper management.

Need to replace a certain manager there.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Wabash National (View Most Recent)

I liked working at Wabash National

Former Employee - Fabrication in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Fabrication in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Wabash National full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the work was good, I liked working in the fabrication department. The people I worked with were friendly and I had a good working with them

Cons

I had a problem with one employee which cost me my job. I am sorry how I handle the problem with him.

I really did not have any problems with management

Decent work for a factory and you are treated well by management.

Former Employee - Assembler in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Assembler in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pro to working here in my honest opinion is you can get lucky with your immediate and upper management. I was lucky enough to have a super awesome down to earth and super friendly immediate supervisor and coordinator. Depending on the department you are assigned to it can be very easy (and unfortunately boring) work. Most (see cons) of your co-workers are easy to get along with and since you all do the same thing you can joke about around about work in between cycles. The company definitely has a positive outlook and I knew the trainer from a previous job I worked with him at (he was there part-time on top of Wabash at the time). I'd say if you don't mind sweating ALOT and doing a lot of manual labor for the same pay as a retail or sales position somewhere else then inquire about a position.

Cons

Being forced to work 6 days a week up to 48 Hours in my time there in a factory environment was not something I particularly enjoyed. Some people like to work themselves to death just for that little bit of overtime just so they can pay their fancy car bill. I worked with someone very young that voluntarily worked 12 hours everyday by staying 4 hours over every night just because he loved making a couple hundred extra dollars every week. He literally only worked and slept during the week and I never understand how people can do that to themselves. I was also teased during my time in "blue" about how I needed to be faster. This was by another employee not any management. Not much I could do about it because he himself was particularly fast and well-liked. My speed was in fact just fine after querying my coordinator on the issue. At certain times because of overhead and slowdown in other departments you have idle time which is great if love standing and doing nothing on concrete but even after sweeping in and around the whole department and sorting nuts and bolts while others are sitting on the rails talking it gets old. The break system is a little inferior to most places in my opinion as well. For a diabetic getting a 20 minute lunch after 4 hours in and only a ten minute break 2 hours before your shift ends is a little too risky. I ultimately left the company due to not being able to control my blood sugar very well with their break schedule. I would certainly recommend Wabash to anyone with a fully functional pancreas and doesn't particularly want to work in a field relating to customer service of any kind and you just prefer labor.

Keep a better eye on your employees who just mess around and talk in between cycles. Often times the blue shirts are doing more work than the red shirts.

There are newer employer reviews for Wabash National