There are newer employer reviews for Wabash National

I love the speed of the job, and the environment of a full work force.

Former Employee - Impact, Gantry, Ect in Lafayette, IN
Former Employee - Impact, Gantry, Ect in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The manual labor is my type of work. I loved always being taught to do every job in the company, and as long as you work hard and pay attention you get to be trained for the next position. I like the fact that you can move up in your working positions. You always learn something new.

Cons

To be totally honest the only con to the company of Wabash national is that you can only be hired on Part-time, and then when its time to lay people off they are quit biased they let go of the woman before the men.

Advice to Management

Getting fans would be about the only thing I feel that could really be a factor of creating a better work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Wabash National

1. Happy Former Employee

Former Employee - Business Unit Manager in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Business Unit Manager in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Wabash in one of it's worst performing years with a team of new hires determined to impart the world of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement onto the organization as a whole. In 2-3 years Wabash had been completely reprocessed to eliminate waste, any productive associate who wanted to add to the process was empowered to do so. This was a perfect greenfield emplimentation.

Cons

Given many gains in quality our detection levels improved and new faults were constantly springing up. This just reinforces the continuous nature of the process.

Advice to Management

Other reviews are not very optimistic, hopefully all associates get an opportunity to explain the aspects that make for a difficult work environment.

Talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Former Employee - Accounting in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Accounting in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They conduct employee development programs, such as leadership and job skills training.

Cons

They don't require managers to implement the good management practices that they pay lip service to. This includes quality.

Advice to Management

Don't have IT report to HR; assign them to the CFO. Require HR to conduct exit interviews with all departing employees in order to get necessary feedback on managers.