Wabash National

www.wabashnational.com

The CEO is wonderful, but he needs to clean house a bit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some fantastic people with phenomenal ideas working at WNC
They are in the enviable position of growing after many, many years of shedding jobs
Certain departments have a real "family company" feel to them

ConsThe departments are so silo-ed they were working against each other

Changes in the departments at HQ happen at a glacial pace

When someone points out somewhere that the company is hemorrhaging money, the management is so afraid of change and too afraid to admit the mistake, they sweep it under the rug and stick their heads in the sand and stick to the way "its always been done".

The budgets of certain departments are made up instead of basing them on real numbers

If someone comes in with ideas or suggestions to make positive changes that have worked in similar companies in a similar industry, they are moved into a menial job off by themselves until they quit.

People are fired just for not getting along with their boss, or the yes men who surround them

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a company that truly needs an overhaul. There are very few people in management that are PRO change. Their Financial Departments appear to be moving forward, and with the new HR Management, they are making big strides with HR, but the IT Department management needs to be wiped out and started fresh from the outside and the Plant Floor management needs to spend some time working in one of the big 5 auto plants to get some hands on experience from people who roll 10 times as many vehicles out the door every day. IT and Plant Floor are overly certain they know what's best and run a "good ol' boys club" where they protect eachother. I saw positive changes with the hiring of new HR and Financial management, but don't stop there. If you want change, you won't be successful with the same management staff in IT and Plant Floor. Oh, and by the way, your Sales Management needs the most work. They need some sort of CRM application for their contacts, and stop holding on to email for 10 years just so they can maintain all of their contact information. If all of your top management have been at the top for more than 5 years, they are dead wood. They need to keep going back to the well of knowledge for training and in service days at other manufacturing companies to keep sharpening the saw. You got a lot of "lame duck politicians" at the top right now punching the clock till retirement. They are wasting your time.

this company is great to work with. They care about there employees and family.

Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Wabash National full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: This has company has great benefits, very professional, great… Cons: none. they are great company Advice to Senior Management: yes advancements are possible every day. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I love the speed of the job, and the environment of a full work force.

Impact, Gantry, Ect (Former Employee) Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National part-time for less than a year

Pros: The manual labor is my type of work. I loved always being taught to do every job in the company, and as long as you… Cons: To be totally honest the only con to the company of Wabash national is that you can only be hired on Part-time,… Advice to Senior Management: Getting fans would be about the only thing I feel that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wabash National.

Worked for Wabash National? Contribute to the Community!