Wachovia
www.wachovia.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Great place to work (used to be anyway)

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat place to work when it was Wachovia. Not sure now that it's been bought by Wells Fargo. Laid back environment for an Investment Bank. If you're in the investment banking section, you still get comparable compensation as other Wall Street firms, working in a city (Charlotte) with low cost of living. A lot of new business to get involved when I was there back in 2005 to 2008.

ConsMade serious mistakes in mortgage business but you all know that. Maybe it was too eager to imitate other Wall Street firms instead of sticking to its strength.

Advice to Senior ManagementHope Wells Fargo will keep the culture from Wachovia.

Overall good experience.

Trust Officer (Former Employee)
    Wilmington, DE

I worked at Wachovia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay and benefits compared to other trust companies in… Cons: Poor middle management in the area. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

was great, then had no direction/vision from the top-down

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Wachovia full-time for more than a year

Pros: benefits, good people to work around. the legacy employees were… Cons: culture suffered after a string of acquisitions Advice to Senior Management: lead with conviction; many times failing employees were made to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wachovia.

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wachovia CEO John G. Stumpf. All reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees.