Wachovia
www.wachovia.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

All in all, positive

I worked at Wachovia full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWhen Wachovia was Wachovia (post First Union merger, that is), we were making strong efforts to make our technology purchases smart, to make projects accountable for their costs, and the like.

ConsUpper management lost focus on the core business and chased the buck all the way into the near collapse of the company, culminating in the Wells Fargo buyout. A sad epitaph.

Overall bad experience

I worked at Wachovia

Pros: Nothing really comes to mind. The only good part… Cons: There wasn't any sense of employee appreciation, you felt like you were just another… Advice to Senior Management: Don't take your employees for granted No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Financial Center Manager

I worked at Wachovia full-time

Pros: Not a whole lot, used to be good until it was taken over by… Cons: Too much boy's club. Management didn't really care… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Wachovia.

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wachovia CEO John G. Stumpf. All reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees.