There are newer employer reviews for Wachovia

Former World Savings employee.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Wachovia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There was a big focus on employee training and development for all levels, excellent execution of corporate strategies to the branch with organization and attention to detail, and I feel we maintained integrity while gaining the business from our customers.

Cons

There was a very big company feel and a loss of individual office personality; everything was micromanaged and even the management styles were no longer allowed to be autonomous in the branches. The computer systems were also far behind in technology and not user friendly primarily due to the previous acquisitions. And the health benefits were very expensive.

Overall a great company to work for; it's unfortunate about the timing with the banking industry struggles.

661 Other Employee Reviews for Wachovia (View Most Recent)

Great Experience

Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Wachovia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitve pay, flexible hours, nice incentive plan with no cap. Management expressed expectations and employees were always in alignment with company goals.

Cons

Wells Fargo endorsed the Pick a Pay Mortgage which ultimately led to their downfall. There were not very many positions outside of the actually branch, so growth was limited.

Personal Banker

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Toms River, NJ
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Toms River, NJ

I worked at Wachovia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

it had a good work environment, and managers and a good work life balance good training and happy employes

Cons

But then it turned bad as soon as we were bought by wells fargo, it was all results all the time or you were punished and taken away from your family.

go back to how Wachovia ran it.

There are newer employer reviews for Wachovia