Wachovia

www.wachovia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wachovia

Great opportunity for young male sales people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Great benefits. Salary is competitive.

Cons

Management focuses on sales results only. Little training is provided to employees that are competent and responsible to improve their sales abilities. These employees are threatened and quickly managed out.

Manage your resources by identifying employee talents and provide opportunities for employees to get better at their jobs. Many good employees have left based on narrow minded leadership.

670 Other Employee Reviews for Wachovia (View Most Recent)

No one knows what they are doing

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Tamarac, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Benefits package is nice. PTO and prescription drug. Pay is ok

Cons

It is a sales position. Customers do not matter, hit your goal at all costs!! Every hour your manager asks how many accounts you have. Managers do not help with customer issues, they pass the issues on to the bankers and are not very well trained. Most managers do not have recent experience as bankers or tellers. They do not know company policy and state it is their job to "help get the numbers" not to help with customer issues. Constant misinformation---policies are changing daily. Commission is more or less unobtainable.

Train your staff and care about the customer. They are why we have jobs. Take responsibility.

Working at Wachovia has not been a good experience.

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker II in Locust Grove, VA
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker II in Locust Grove, VA

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Goals are determined by your position, not your salary. If you are off, they don't expect you to make up your goal for that day - it is deducted from your goal.

Cons

MAJOR OVERSTAFFING! I am in a rural branch and they staff 4 personal bankers! The combined goal of the personal bankers here is equal to 320% of the branches goal. Commission is lousy. We have nothing innovative to offer clients. System and processes archaic.

Set your people up for success. Working here is very demoralizing. Reduce staff in the branches so that if they hit their goals the branch makes it as well. No need to put two extra people in there. The way it is now the branch blows the goal out of the water but none of the PBs make their goal. TOTAL BS!

There are newer employer reviews for Wachovia