Wachovia

www.wachovia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wachovia

Not a good place to move up at all

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

Bankers hours, being able to build relationships with customers, a small setting which allows for a feeling of family if working with the right people, paid holidays. With the right management and no micromanaging, it had the potential of being a great job.

Cons

If you were really good at your job, then promotions were not offered because you were filling a need in your current position. There are many years with no raises and its blamed on mergers. It is my personal opinion that yearly reviews are done in a matter that justifies no annual raise. You cannot rely on mngmt's promise of advancement. It is placed before you like a dangling carrot so that you will go above and beyond but when the time comes, it does not come through. There was a lot of animosity between management and other workers.

Please encourage workers with possibilities of advancement not morning meetings where you are told you will lose your job if you don't open accounts.

669 Other Employee Reviews for Wachovia (View Most Recent)

Decent company. Not many opportunities to move up.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, nice co-workers.

Cons

Didn't see opportunity to move up.

I have worked for Wachovia twice so therefore I have to say I have had very good work experiences with wachovia.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

The pay i pretty competitive. It is a huge corporation so their is room for promotion and relocation. The benefits are pretty decent. They have tuition reimbursmeent. Domestic partners are also allowed to be carried on your insurance.

Cons

When I first started working for them they were called First Union National Bank. Then Wachovia bought First Union. Now Wachovia is owned by Wells Fargo. The different changes in management can create a positive or negative work environment.

I think management should have more leadership skills. They should be there to help their employees grow and become more efficient in their skills and job responsibilities. More training classes are needed at wachovia.

There are newer employer reviews for Wachovia