Wachovia
www.wachovia.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Not a good place to move up at all

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

ProsBankers hours, being able to build relationships with customers, a small setting which allows for a feeling of family if working with the right people, paid holidays. With the right management and no micromanaging, it had the potential of being a great job.

ConsIf you were really good at your job, then promotions were not offered because you were filling a need in your current position. There are many years with no raises and its blamed on mergers. It is my personal opinion that yearly reviews are done in a matter that justifies no annual raise. You cannot rely on mngmt's promise of advancement. It is placed before you like a dangling carrot so that you will go above and beyond but when the time comes, it does not come through. There was a lot of animosity between management and other workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease encourage workers with possibilities of advancement not morning meetings where you are told you will lose your job if you don't open accounts.

Decent company. Not many opportunities to move up.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Algonquin, IL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros: Good benefits, decent pay, nice co-workers. Cons: Didn't see opportunity to move up. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I have worked for Wachovia twice so therefore I have to say I have had very good work experiences with wachovia.

Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros: The pay i pretty competitive. It is a huge corporation so their is room for promotion and relocation. The… Cons: When I first started working for them they were called First Union National Bank. Then Wachovia bought First Union.… Advice to Senior Management: I think management should have more leadership skills. They should be there to help their employees grow… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wachovia.

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wachovia CEO John G. Stumpf. All reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees.