Wackenhut Services
www.wsihq.com Palm Beach Gardens, FL 5000+ Employees

Crappenhut

Security Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee)
Dulles, VA

ProsEasy to get hired. Great orientation for newbies brings high morale when they start. You feel that you will be a part of a first class team. But that's where it stops. . .

ConsArrogant people they hire for their leadership positions; while they have a good pool of qualified applicants, alongside, they also hire the worst of the worst for their security positions. During the orientation, the presenter BRAGGED about how big Wackenhut it. Bad reputation within the security industry because of the "take anybody" approach in their hiring. While I was an employee, I saw on NBC news a less-than-flattering account of their nuke plant security program where they caught guards asleep! I don't usually believe everything I see on network news, but as one who was an insider of Wackenhut, that struck close to home as I saw the quality of people they hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou want to have a high class company? Stop hiring "just anybody." Raise the standards on all the people you take in and enforce them when hired. You can't have arrogant people in your project management positions and have security officers who are clueless once they take their posts. The client at my last site was less than happy with the new security officers that had come in.

Wackenhut

Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wackenhut Services

Pros: Good benefits, union, pay, only work 14 days a month.… Cons: 12 hour shifts, management not aligned with policies and procedures Advice to Senior Management: listen to subordinates more on issues raised More

Do Not Work For WSI

JPSO (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Wackenhut Services

Pros: Salary is decent. Job itself is not very stressful. Cons: Management does not care about staff. Morale is extremely low.… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees more fairly. WSI corporate office in Florida needs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wackenhut Services.

Worked for Wackenhut Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wackenhut Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wackenhut Services CEO Dave Foley. All reviews posted anonymously by Wackenhut Services employees.