There are newer employer reviews for Wackenhut Services

Not a bad part time job...

Former Employee - Security Officer in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Security Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wackenhut Services

Pros

Worked 3 days a week for 45 hours, so I had 4 days off per week which was nice. 15 hour shift was sometimes very long, but was very nice to have 4 days off.

Cons

Management seemed disorganized and unreliable at times.

Advice to Management

Have better organization for middle management. Institute better and more modern uniforms.

reviews filtered by
  1. Moderate company to work for

Current Employee - Security Site Supervisor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Security Site Supervisor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Wackenhut Services

Pros

Job are easily attainable with the company. You can move up quickly if you have a willigness to work and have good credientials.

Cons

The hours are demanding. Not a good company to work for as sallary in a midle management position. Better to be a site suppervisor of a good contract or a district manager, however midle management does all the work.

Advice to Management

Send out more surveys to middle management on how to better improvise operations and efficiancy. Give support to the office staff. Remember bottom line is important but achieved thru the susess of the offices structure.

"You get what you pay for!"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Wackenhut Services

Pros

Easy place to work if you have homework. Clients have no idea that services are just for show and most guards get to watch Hulu during shifts. Supervisor at my location loves to bring in some home brew which really makes working for this company a blast!

Cons

You have to wear a uniform. Must be willing to put up with other peoples mistakes i.e. "I forgot my office key and ID, can you open it for me?"

Advice to Management

You really shouldn't cut peoples wages in this field of work. Use those community college skills and just lay one guy off! Why have the entire entire crew bent when one guy could have paid the price for all.

There are newer employer reviews for Wackenhut Services