Waddell & Reed

www.waddell.com

A great blend of independence and support

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat potential for advancement. Higher pay out than any wire house with immense support. Reimbursement for client events. The company really makes the advisor the face of their own practice. Opportunity to build your own practice the way you see fit. First class asset management since 1937 (See Baron's ranking). Overall, you get out what you put in.

ConsLack of consistency regarding corporate direction causes headaches among management ranks. You get out what you put in. Ultimately, your work ethic will determine what category that last factor falls into.

Advice to Senior ManagementI interviewed with 5 other companies prior to accepting the offer from Waddell & Reed. Take heed, every manager, staff member, and office in general is different. Base your decision on the people you will be working with. I am honored to work with my management team and they have kept me at this company... not the money.

Look before you leap

Regitered Representative (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Waddell & Reed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It is a financial planning company if that is what… Cons: Inept and bordering on unethical leadership and management locally. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Pyramid Scheme

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Troy, MI

I worked at Waddell & Reed full-time for less than a year

Pros: None, unless you're inheriting a book of business. Cons: Did not pay for licensing exams, no support structure, basically given a phone and told to sell securities.… Advice to Senior Management: Relocate HQ from Kansas City to NY No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Waddell & Reed.

Worked for Waddell & Reed? Contribute to the Community!