There are newer employer reviews for WaferTech

WaferTech is a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camas, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I have been working at WaferTech

Pros

A lot of benefits provided at low or no cost.
Good work environment.
Company stood by employees during tough economic time - no layoffs even though employees had to take some furlough time off - with pay if you had vacation time available.
I feel I have been fairly compensated for my work and rewarded for a job well done.
Lots of training available for people who haven't worked in this industry before.

Cons

Long hours are expected.
I've worked harder at this job than for any other job in my work history.
Working in a company with a very diverse workforce for the first time can take patience to understand communication style differences.

Take advantage of your top performing employees
Listen to recommendations from the line staff and include them in decisions that will impact them

21 Other Employee Reviews for WaferTech (View Most Recent)

It's amazing this place has survived as long as it has

Current Employee - Technician  in  Camas, WA
    Current Employee - Technician in Camas, WA

I have been working at WaferTech

Pros

If you live in Portland or Vancouver it is close to where you live.
    They are more laid back than Intel.
    You like the challenge of working on old poorly maintained obsolete equipment.

Cons

Management is clueless and most of the time it seems like they are barely there.
    You get the feeling who is driving this bus because the place at times seems like it is on autopilot headed for a cliff. Management is divided into small groups or kingdoms as I like to call it. At times several of the kingdoms are at war with each other and the peasants (workers) suffer. They like to believe they are world class and nothing needs to change.

Lookup the definition of teamwork in the dictionary. Start by getting management to work together and fire managers that don't work well with others. Hold managers and workers accountable for their actions. There are some very smart people in the organization that aren't utilized at all and no longer try to improve things because they are beaten down if they go against the status quo.

WaferTech is a pretty great place to work, but times are tough all over.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camas, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I have been working at WaferTech

Pros

WaferTech and its parent company TSMC are leaders in the field of semiconductors and try hard to do the right thing as an employer. The management seems to care for the welfare of its employees, even when times are tough. It has a very diverse workforce in the engineering areas, and a lot of smart people. You might even get an opportunity to travel to Taiwan.

Cons

Working for a subsidiary of a foreign company is challenging, because some decisions need to be made overseas, but overall, this has been a good experience for me. Also, having a foreign parent can make communication challenging, and the different time zones can mean working late when your colleagues are in the office.

Keep your focus on doing the right thing, and keep doing your best through the current business downturn.

There are newer employer reviews for WaferTech

Worked for WaferTech? Contribute to the Community!