Waffle House
www.wafflehouse.com Norcross, GA 5000+ Employees

Mid South Waffles in Birmingham, Alabama is an awful company!!!

Division Manager (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

ProsYou have a job. If you follow the guidelines of the job you will have job security because people are not lining up to work there. You will make decent money but the hours and time you give up are not worth it to most.

Cons24 hours a day, 365 a year, and work every holiday. Christmas Day is the worst! On this day you are expected to be in the store at 6am, maybe leave at 3/4 for an hour if everyone shows up for work, then be back at 5/6 and work until 10/11pm. You must be back at 6:30am the next day and cook for 7 hours, then complete manager duties. The employee issues you encounter are relentless.They have an associate hotline number for associates to call and make complaints.You will never have control over your store. You will be expected to attend meetings every Thursday at 4pm. Usually you will drive at least 30 minutes one way. I worked for this company for 3 years and it was the worst mistake i made in a long time! For young educated people, dont make a mistake by looking at just the money, like i did.

Its who you know and watch out for backstabbing

District Manager (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I worked at Waffle House full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Co-workers are good for the most part and lower managment works HARD. They are expected… Cons: Upper Managment sucks and I was one of them. Too much is expected of you for the money… Advice to Senior Management: Stop all the "hanging out" and get your head in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Harder work than expected, but pay is worth it if you can stick it out.

Server (Current Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Waffle House full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay in cash every week, health care, dental, every 6 months you get… Cons: Customers can be very rude and picky. Some don't even tip. Very fast paced and stressful, work is on your feet for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Waffle House.

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waffle House reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Waffle House CEO Joe W. Rogers Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Waffle House employees.