Waffle House

www.wafflehouse.com

Good pay, terrible lifestyle.

Former Employee - Unit Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Unit Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You are well compensated for your efforts if you are skilled in managing your store and its people.

Cons

The constantly fluid 24-hour work schedule and lack of professionalism and organization from the upper management.

There needs to be more support for managers in a 24 hour business.

Other reviews for Waffle House

Fired after 16 years,for first time calling in because of sickness(food poisioning). had been unit manager for ten yrs

Former Employee - Unit Manager
    Former Employee - Unit Manager

Pros

flexible hours/ air condtioned kitchen / grill operator; customer interaction/ flexible schedule, generally promote from within, I have the pro s memorized we re told to give the "benifits" in the interview or stop n hires.

Cons

as a regular employee with a good manager you re fine. as a manager you give up your life. You are required to work atleast 52hrs a week(.one ofmy last weeksended with 72 hrs)drawer change @9 pm two nights a week(must be weekend)required to be present from12pm to 2am twice/month..you are responsible for all monies inside the unit even on off daysif youre the senior person between you & your asst.you must make goals that are set extremely low(change at anytime)or you re working for pennies.you re not allowed to advertise at all to help mk these..altho smart managers can be creative:)my advice.good place to work as a regular employee..do not take promotions offered..stay out of management.Hmm also dont call in..even if you can t walk/stand w/out pukeing.. worked for a franchise not corp. so maybe better there i don t know.

Respect good managers. these people work hard for your company, give their lives up, and are generally the reason you make your money.stop hideing behind low paid salaries and bonusing higher for your own financial gain. Good Food Fast In A Warm Friendly Environment.I earned respect from my employees,by doing the work I would later ask themto do. ie its ok to sos the floor corners becz even mymanager will do it... i was fired from a job i knew like the back of my hand,because my dm had to run my store for a day,its not right. i had no choice..and did everything i could to get one of my management personel to cover for me.

Very Stressful Company!

Former Employee - Unit Manager  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

I would say pay, but when I think ablout all the 60+ hours weeks work I made minium wage. As, a young college grad that looks good to have checks every two weeks 1300-1500. U may have a few employees that u can count on to help u when ur understaffed. I trying to think of good things to say, but I can't.

Cons

Long hours, no family or personal time. Immature and whinning staff. The pay is low, but look at what kinds of people that this company attracts. Ur overworked!! U live,sleep, breathe this company. The top pay for a grill operator is$8. I would scarfice my pay to pay grill op bonus without meeting my numbers. Pick up employees for work or be understaff and u will have to work. This is not a company to work for seriously.

I think the company needs to have assistant managers and shift leaders. This will allievate the stress on one manager. The training dept in GA needs to find out to make this company management freindly. I really wanted to work for this company for a long time, but couldnt.

There are newer employer reviews for Waffle House.

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!