Waffle House
www.wafflehouse.com Norcross, GA 5000+ Employees

Never thought of leaving until...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan be a great job under the right up-line management team. The pay and benefits are competitive. WH can give you a sense of feeling like a part of something.

ConsThe demands are unrealistic unless you are single without children, not dating, and no current living relatives. Sometimes the up-line management is ridiculous. They have no idea how to do their job. People get promoted because of degrees, not due to how well they manage a unit. Some management think they are in the Army and cuss and talk to people defrading, and believe this to be okay. It is unprofessional and humiliating, yet it happens on a regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementI quit trying to give advice after many years of attempts.

Good pay, terrible lifestyle.

Unit Manager (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Waffle House full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You are well compensated for your efforts if you are… Cons: The constantly fluid 24-hour work schedule and lack of professionalism… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be more support for managers in a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The definition of stress. Long term promises of wealth, if you can make it that long...

District Manager (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Waffle House full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to build your own team, so it is possible to enjoy who you are working with and create a fun environment. Opportunities to… Cons: This could be a novel, but I'll hit the main points. Overworked (50-80 hours a week) and underpayed. You are guaranteed 35k ish as a… Advice to Senior Management: Waffle House culture isn't changing any time soon, my only advice is to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Waffle House.

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waffle House reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Waffle House CEO Joe W. Rogers Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Waffle House employees.