There are newer employer reviews for Waffle House

Never thought of leaving until...

I worked at Waffle House full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Can be a great job under the right up-line management team. The pay and benefits are competitive. WH can give you a sense of feeling like a part of something.

Cons

The demands are unrealistic unless you are single without children, not dating, and no current living relatives. Sometimes the up-line management is ridiculous. They have no idea how to do their job. People get promoted because of degrees, not due to how well they manage a unit. Some management think they are in the Army and cuss and talk to people defrading, and believe this to be okay. It is unprofessional and humiliating, yet it happens on a regular basis.

I quit trying to give advice after many years of attempts.

241 Other Employee Reviews for Waffle House (View Most Recent)

Good pay, terrible lifestyle.

Former Employee - Unit Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Waffle House full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You are well compensated for your efforts if you are skilled in managing your store and its people.

Cons

The constantly fluid 24-hour work schedule and lack of professionalism and organization from the upper management.

There needs to be more support for managers in a 24 hour business.

Fired after 16 years,for first time calling in because of sickness(food poisioning). had been unit manager for ten yrs

Former Employee - Unit Manager
    Former Employee - Unit Manager

I worked at Waffle House full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexible hours/ air condtioned kitchen / grill operator; customer interaction/ flexible schedule, generally promote from within, I have the pro s memorized we re told to give the "benifits" in the interview or stop n hires.

Cons

as a regular employee with a good manager you re fine. as a manager you give up your life. You are required to work atleast 52hrs a week(.one ofmy last weeksended with 72 hrs)drawer change @9 pm two nights a week(must be weekend)required to be present from12pm to 2am twice/month..you are responsible for all monies inside the unit even on off daysif youre the senior person between you & your asst.you must make goals that are set extremely low(change at anytime)or you re working for pennies.you re not allowed to advertise at all to help mk these..altho smart managers can be creative:)my advice.good place to work as a regular employee..do not take promotions offered..stay out of management.Hmm also dont call in..even if you can t walk/stand w/out pukeing.. worked for a franchise not corp. so maybe better there i don t know.

Respect good managers. these people work hard for your company, give their lives up, and are generally the reason you make your money.stop hideing behind low paid salaries and bonusing higher for your own financial gain. Good Food Fast In A Warm Friendly Environment.I earned respect from my employees,by doing the work I would later ask themto do. ie its ok to sos the floor corners becz even mymanager will do it... i was fired from a job i knew like the back of my hand,because my dm had to run my store for a day,its not right. i had no choice..and did everything i could to get one of my management personel to cover for me.

There are newer employer reviews for Waffle House

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!