Waggener Edstrom Communications

www.waggeneredstrom.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Lots of opportunity for those who work hard and are committed to their career and the overall success of the agency

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

Great people, lots of opportunity for advancement, great benefits including 4 weeks paid time off, sabbatical program, innovative and collaborative culture

Cons

Depending on who your manager is and how the leadership of the team values work/life balance, employees can sometime have differing experiences.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees in the loop regarding the direction of the company and how the agency is committed to keep employees inspired. Stellar employees need to be reminded that the agency cares about their career and their future.

reviews filtered by
  1. The best place I have ever worked

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

The people I work with are among the smartest I have ever worked with. I have really been able to grow my career here through exciting global work. I have also felt recognized and acknowledged for my hard work on an on-going basis.

Cons

This is a very fast paced environment and that can be exhausting at times. The focus on quality and continuous improvement which is one of the best things about working here is also at times one of the things that can contribute to the fatigue.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and developing the vision and keep the focus on our great people. Continue to be transparent with communication about our direction and future.

Great place to work and grow - definitely not for everyone.

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

Super interesting work - always a new challenge, never boring.

Waggener Edstrom has excellent benefits for employees. I especially appreciate the open-minded health benefits that give access to alternative care.

Open to having employees work from home several days a week or even full-time. Some peole have alternate schedules as well, having proven themselves. Love the flexibility.

Generous with corporate giving, even offering $ to each employee on request for the charity of their choice.

Cons

Feels like what you give is never enough. If you're not giving a minimum of 110% every day, you're slacking, to the point that frenetic activity wins out over deliberate plans.

Our senior manager is overly optimistic and sets unattainable business goals, which we struggle to meet. It's de-motivating after a while to never feel truly successful.

Work-life balance is hard. For many, the only way to achieve it seems to be to give up on career growth.

Sometimes the intense and demanding nature of the work bleeds over, and one becomes intense and demanding (unpleasant) with others inside and outside of work.

Advice to Management

Senior managers often seem out of touch with reality of life in the trenches. Pay attention, make it safe to provide feedback, and be open to what people are saying. If people keep saying the same thing, maybe it's true.

If we're going to have a bunch of mid-year promotions every year, change to a formal bi-annual review cycle. People feel bad when HR policies don't apply uniformly across the board.

Most of our leadership has good judgment, but a couple of teams are clicquish, starting at the top with SVPs and EVPs. Hold them accountable, and make it clear across the board that sorority-style nastiness, favoritism and homogeneity are not the goal.

Don't let short-sighted up-and-comers chase away great brains with historical/global perspective. Several great thinkers have been marginalized or let go recently.

There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications