Waggener Edstrom Communications

www.waggeneredstrom.com
  www.waggeneredstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Lots of opportunity for those who work hard and are committed to their career and the overall success of the agency

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

Great people, lots of opportunity for advancement, great benefits including 4 weeks paid time off, sabbatical program, innovative and collaborative culture

Cons

Depending on who your manager is and how the leadership of the team values work/life balance, employees can sometime have differing experiences.

Continue to keep employees in the loop regarding the direction of the company and how the agency is committed to keep employees inspired. Stellar employees need to be reminded that the agency cares about their career and their future.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications (View Most Recent)

an agency that manages its own image very well but struggles with basic business principles

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

Excellent benefits, nice offices (even though a cube environment), strong and longstanding commitment to community giving (including paid volunteerism), and robust internship program and international exchange program.

Cons

Notice the recent rash of positive reviews? They may be true but they are also the product of a PR push for boosting employee satisfaction rankings. This is exactly how WE operates: managing perceptions but not truly addressing the real issues. Employees are either brand new, just graduated interns who cycle through the agency and out in 2 years, or are career stalwarts, long-timers with 15+ years. While moving leaders around to manage fundamentally different departments of the company can often bring new ideas, innovation, and energy, more often it is used as a reward rather than a strategic move in response to a business need. Sometimes decisions are swift (like laying off senior members of IT to bring on entry level help desk reps), and other times leadership is paralyzed, not getting rid of bad managers below them who consistently make bad business decisions because it is easier to ignore them or do nothing.

You are doing many things right, but need to get back to the basics and master those. Business needs to be profitable. Do long-term relationship building with clients; don't just cycle through new accounts. International offices are not for show, they are for business. Make long term strategic goals and stick to them; don't just go through the motions. Bring on external consultants to objectively evaluate leadership, then take their advice. If you get real business leaders in there and you treat the agency as a business instead of a group of friends (some of whom you talk to, others you shun, depending on mood), then you might be surprised at how much real progress and profit is made. Then the story you tell will be the story you live.

The best place I have ever worked

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

The people I work with are among the smartest I have ever worked with. I have really been able to grow my career here through exciting global work. I have also felt recognized and acknowledged for my hard work on an on-going basis.

Cons

This is a very fast paced environment and that can be exhausting at times. The focus on quality and continuous improvement which is one of the best things about working here is also at times one of the things that can contribute to the fatigue.

Keep growing and developing the vision and keep the focus on our great people. Continue to be transparent with communication about our direction and future.

There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications