Waggener Edstrom Communications

www.waggeneredstrom.com
  www.waggeneredstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

A wonderful jumping-off point and learning opportunity for junior level employees

Former Employee - Account Coordinator
Former Employee - Account Coordinator

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

As a junior-level employee Waggener Edstrom is a great place to begin a career and gain experience and knowledge under some of the brightest minds in PR. The growth and learning opportunities were easily accessible and encouraged and the feedback I received from higher-ups while I was there have helped shape me into the better PR professional that I am today.

Cons

One of the strongest downsides of working at WE is the amount of red tape and process that everything requires. But, of course, that is something to be expected in such a large organization with offices all over the world.

I think the senior management at WE is doing a great job leading the company. I'm sure they're already working at this 110%, but I would strongly encourage trying to win the business of more diverse clients. I realize that Microsoft is the bread and butter of the organization, but there is so much more to the agency than what they're doing with Microsoft and honestly, I'm not confident in Microsoft's ability to stay relevant in the tech industry.

151 Other Employee Reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications (View Most Recent)

If you are a fan of the mid-90s, this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

If you want to learn how to do PR for Microsoft, but not work there, this is the place to be. They have grown through random acquisition and management doesn't know anything beyond tech PR.

Cons

They were at the top of their game in the mid-90s, but since the arrival of the Internet they have scrambled to catch up.

HIGHLY political company that does not support a work life balance. Expect to be checking your email from 8 pm and 10 pm each weeknight or get dinged in your review.

Ironically, run by an "old girls club."

Get more involved in the business of ALL your clients, not just the one with multi-million dollar budgets.

The Pros Far Outweigh the Cons

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros

Flexible, open cube door leadership. Ability to try on many different hats. Chance to work on comms for a major Fortune 100 company. Independent which is especially important in times of economic trouble. Some unique benefits.

Cons

They knock you down a title level or two when you come in the door...many people with experience have observed this. This makes the promotion dance even harder than usual because you always feel as if you're two measures behind the music.

Get creative in the way you staff and structure your accounts. Keep that open dialogue going. Push out the leaders who are not keeping up their end of the bargain. To that end, start a better system for upward feedback. Don't forget about Pam Edstrom--she inspires us and should be more front and center.

There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!