Waggener Edstrom Communications

www.waggeneredstrom.com

A wonderful jumping-off point and learning opportunity for junior level employees

Account Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsAs a junior-level employee Waggener Edstrom is a great place to begin a career and gain experience and knowledge under some of the brightest minds in PR. The growth and learning opportunities were easily accessible and encouraged and the feedback I received from higher-ups while I was there have helped shape me into the better PR professional that I am today.

ConsOne of the strongest downsides of working at WE is the amount of red tape and process that everything requires. But, of course, that is something to be expected in such a large organization with offices all over the world.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the senior management at WE is doing a great job leading the company. I'm sure they're already working at this 110%, but I would strongly encourage trying to win the business of more diverse clients. I realize that Microsoft is the bread and butter of the organization, but there is so much more to the agency than what they're doing with Microsoft and honestly, I'm not confident in Microsoft's ability to stay relevant in the tech industry.

If you are a fan of the mid-90s, this is the place for you.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros: If you want to learn how to do PR for Microsoft, but not work there, this is the… Cons: They were at the top of their game in the mid-90s, but since the arrival of the Internet they have scrambled to catch up. … Advice to Senior Management: Get more involved in the business of ALL your clients,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The Pros Far Outweigh the Cons

Account Executive (Current Employee) Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications

Pros: Flexible, open cube door leadership. Ability to try on many different hats. Chance to work on comms… Cons: They knock you down a title level or two when you come in the door...many people with experience have observed this.… Advice to Senior Management: Get creative in the way you staff and structure your accounts. Keep that open dialogue going. Push out the leaders who are not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Waggener Edstrom Communications.

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!