Waggener Edstrom Communications

www.waggeneredstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Loved working for this exciting, dynamic global company. Given lots of opportunities

Former Employee - Global Head of Client Development in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Global Head of Client Development in London, England (UK)

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- excellent culture
- lots of opportunities
- training is excellent
- inspirational leadership
- lots of support

Cons

- hard work
- lots of travel (which is good and bad)

Interesting to note that so much o the EMEA management is now male in what used to be celebrated as a female lead business

169 Other Employee Reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications (View Most Recent)

India operations is a Joke!!

Former Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything besides people. I made some great friends there. Few exceptionally good people work there and that is the only good thing about WE-India.

Cons

Too many to mention here.The senior management (there is only one person who is the Managing Director, India) is the biggest joke ever. She has no vision for the company, no goals, works as per her whims and fancies as if this is her family owned business which may seem right considering the way it is being run. I was there for almost 2 years and did not see any big client wins, maybe because winning big names was not on the agenda. She is too busy micro-managing people instead of trying to see the bigger picture and win some clients. People were being hired when the employees had no work to do.I still don't understand why and how was the senior management in APAC so quiet about it as I am sure this company was started in India to make money. Now from what I know, their old clients have also left them which is not surprising. They claim to be employee friendly and brag about their "culture" which I did not witness at all. There is nobody from the HR team in India and obviously no one cares! This was my worst job nightmare in the 12 years of my work experience. I had a near sexual harassment incident within the office premises but absolutely nothing was done about it inspite of me reaching out to the big titles in HR and management. Infact they covered her back.
    I can go on and on but hopefully this should help.

Senior Management should walk the talk!

Awesome, great place to work in.

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great learning ground for newbies. Great exposure to PR world, dealing with the media, pitching, preparing media materials, what you would never learn in university, you learn quickly on the job.

Cons

A lot of work, on a steep learning curve.

Interact more with younger staff

There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications