Waggener Edstrom Communications

www.waggeneredstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Smart and professional team

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart and creative with ability to spread your wings if you can prove yourself

Cons

Can be challenging to sync up if you're not a non-account PR professional + reliance on the largest software company in the area

151 Other Employee Reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications (View Most Recent)

Good company, but not if you're looking for more well-rounded experience

Former Employee - Measurement Associate Analyst
    Former Employee - Measurement Associate Analyst

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time

Pros

The work environment was very laid back and the vacation/benefits were fantastic. The pay was alright but I have heard of more competitive salaries at other agencies. Very Microsoft focused organization.

Cons

When I was at Waggener they kept their departments very boxed off. This meant that if you ended up working as an analyst then there was no way you could get over to the PR side or any other area of the company even if you had relevant experience in the area. This is not a company to work for if you're looking to acquire a lot of different experiences and skill sets. The company itself is okay but your growth opportunities will be very specific and this can hinder you from delving into possible other jobs down the road, especially once you look for roles at other firms where they pride themselves on employees being more well-rounded.

Focus on having more well rounded employees rather than experts who have only one specialty. It's a bad way to grow talent and will ensure that employees will leave to find better opportunities elsewhere where they can gain broader experience.

Serious about work/life balance. Positive impact of external hires.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

The COO recently asked everyone on our team to take some time to "recharge our batteries" and get serious about taking vacation time, work from home days, early Fridays or whatever it takes to take good care of ourselves and achieve work/ life balance. I've never worked for a company where the leaders actually walk the talk about balance--particularly at the C-suite level--very impressive. Senior leaders here have started to strategically bring in some external hires to the leadership table, which has made a positive impact on strategic planning conversations for our future. They are also very supportive of employee's participation in outside professional organizations, etc. I've been impressed with the level of transparency that the agency as a whole and it's leaders have demonstrated thus far. Benefits here are the best of any job I've ever had. Opportunity to work in another global office for 2 weeks through the Global Exchange program--great way to learn about co-workers half way across the world and learn about another culture. The agency makes investments in team building activities--our entire team chose to do glass blowing this year--which was really cool. I've never worked for a company that took team building so seriously.

Cons

Open work environment in the Bellevue office (no walls), can be a challenge for more Introverted types to adjust to--but I just learned to communicate with my co-workers about my needs, and wear my headphones to help block out extra noise. It's a gorgeous office, though.

There are newer employer reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!