Patisserie assistant

Current Employee - Patisserie Assistant in East Finchley, England (UK)
Current Employee - Patisserie Assistant in East Finchley, England (UK)

I have been working at Waitrose part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent teamwork and communication Friendly staffs Good payroll even though following future waitrose will focus on my more upcoming training to help me earn more than usual. Satisfied with my contract hours and overtime Fabulous environment to work in

Cons

Staffs lacks of maturity behaviours and not doing the work as I would like them to do

Advice to Management

Keep on supervision to those who are not really doing the work they supposes to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Waitrose

1. skillful, had opportunities to share my ideas.

Former Employee - Customer Services in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Services in London, England (UK)

I worked at Waitrose part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Waitrose never says works but called partners and for that they give every right as partners

Cons

It's supermarket so you will find hard to promote

Advice to Management

Waitrose have some mistake in discounting items about calculation.

A fantastic opportunity to interact with a wide range of people, whilst learning the ins and outs of sales.

Former Employee - Waitrose Supermarket Assistant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Waitrose Supermarket Assistant in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Waitrose part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people - both those you work with and those you serve are interesting and varied. I found i've made friends for life and professional contacts. - They allow you to work for them again if you go away to uni if there are sufficient vacancies. - They're a very reputable company. -They get to know you as a person, you're not just a number. They care. - They're professional and respectful and adhere to their own high standards most of the time. - They organise social events for staff to bring the team together and motivate. -They respect sick-leave, bereavement and personal issues and provide accordingly.

Cons

-The managers don't phone you back when they say they will which makes communication awkward when you're away. -Some workers can be quick to judge and gang up on others which is unprofessional and counterproductive to store moral. -The work can be tedious, eg shelf-stacking for 7 hours.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff more and do some of the jobs they do to integrate with them, gain more respect and know what's really going on in the work place on a daily basis.