Wake County Public Schools
www.wcpss.net Cary, NC 5000+ Employees

Wake County Public School System

Teacher (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

ProsGood colleagues, lots of trainings, big push for technology in classrooms and schools of all types (Smart Boards, Promethean Boards, iPads, laptops, VoiceThread, etc)

ConsDoes not give "steps" for experience each year in pay, too many programs to keep up with for accountability (leaves teachers scrambling to keep up with all the "paperwork", which takes enthusiasm out of teaching students)

Look into other school systems

Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wake County Public Schools full-time

Pros: Your choice of schedule, year round or traditional, love the… Cons: Not prepared for the Common Core Standards. They have not provided teachers with rubrics, resources, as well as what objectives they should be teaching… Advice to Senior Management: Too far removed from the classroom. I would like to see all those in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Yuck.

English Teacher (Former Employee)

I worked at Wake County Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I had every summer off. I liked many of my colleagues.… Cons: Administration is nuts. Wake County does not focus on the students, but the numbers. No child left… Advice to Senior Management: Retire. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wake County Public Schools.

Worked for Wake County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wake County Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wake County Public Schools CEO Dr. Jim Merrill . All reviews posted anonymously by Wake County Public Schools employees.