There are newer employer reviews for Wake County Public Schools

I've taught kindergarten and first grade for the last seven years at three WCPSS schools in east, west, and north Wake.

Current Employee - Teacher in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wake County Public Schools full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family friendly schedule, atmosphere of passionate staff members, summer vacation, all major holidays off, large work space for those who don't want to be confined to a cubicle, seeing day to day growth in students, a great opportunity for those who enjoy working with children.

Cons

Low salary with no opportunity for growth, large class sizes, money spent out of pocket for classroom supplies, constantly required to meet new standards or conform to new procedures.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Wake County Public Schools (View Most Recent)

Gratifying to work with young people. I've also learned quite a bit about the diverse an values of our community.

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wake County Public Schools part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely gratifying to help young students learn. Hours work with my family's schedule. Great insight into the education system. Better understanding of our diverse community.

Cons

On occasion you have to deal with very unruly students and it doesn't appear that there is much in the way of discipline for being disrespectful or displaying poor behavior.

Trust your teachers! Provide more assistance to those teachers who are dealing with such a diverse group of students who require such a wide variety of special needs.

Enjoyable

I have been working at Wake County Public Schools

Pros

The job is: inspiring, fun, and has long vacations

Cons

No chance for advancement, no raises for six years

Ask teachers to give up their planning periods as infrequently as possible.

There are newer employer reviews for Wake County Public Schools