Wake Forest University

www.wfu.edu

Dedicated, thoughtful leadership that takes an interest in developing employees and building a positive work environment

Wake Forest Fellow (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsAccess to senior leadership provided an unbelievable learning environment. Coworkers are smart, driven, and accomplished. Work has meaning. Input is valued.

ConsProgram structure is not uniform across all Fellowship positions. Sharing insights across departments could be helpful to standardizing effectiveness of the program.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the higher education industry, and particularly a liberal arts institution like Wake Forest, is under tremendous political pressure to "quantify its value," as long as Wake Forest remains dedicated to educating the whole person- mind, body, and spirit- and staying true to its values, there will always be a demand for the type of educational experience provided by Wake. As long as you are not afraid to continue to hire the best people, all Deacons will continue to be proud of this most special institution.

WFU has a high standard for students and faculty. The emphasis on service is especially strong.

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Wake Forest University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Wonderful students who bring amazing experiences and motivation to the… Cons: WFU is getting 'too big for its britches' in some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

WFU is like working for a small community

Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Wake Forest University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits are wonderful. A great teamwork environment. Working with some really talented, and… Cons: Leadership, work environment, micro managed, holding employee back from sharing good ideas, blame shifting, giving vague instructions,… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management needs to pay more attention to the leadership within each department. To much worrying about the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Wake Forest University.

Worked for Wake Forest University? Contribute to the Community!