WalMart Canada

www.walmart.ca
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for WalMart Canada

Enjoyable

Current Employee - Department Manager in London, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Department Manager in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at WalMart Canada full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, lots of people to meet. Great for the person who loves to work with people. Lots of places to grow to. only the sky is the limit. They are here to help us work for them.

Cons

I dont have any cons really, dont let the stress of th job bring you down, as all jobs have stress. Give it your best, Never be afraid to ask questions as someone is always willing to help you understand.

341 Other Employee Reviews for WalMart Canada (View Most Recent)

Good company to start off with to gain work experience.

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at WalMart Canada full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Walmart has good benefits packages, stock investments, flexible hours, and job advancement opportunities.

Cons

The rate of pay could be better.

Improve salary for workers, and stress the importance of store cleanliness and associate responsibilities.

Completely destroyed self esteem

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at WalMart Canada part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Made great friends
    - Learned new customer service skills

Cons

- Management is hateful, spiteful, does not care about you. Will yell at you and belittle you in front of customers, accuse you of lying, coach you for things you didn't do, guilt trip you, schedule you outside of your available hours (especially as a student).
    - Customers see you as the lowest of the low. Assume you are worthless because you work for this company.
    - Store is drab and dreary, it's heartbreaking just walking inside. Even now, and I don't even work there anymore. I can feel the misery.
    - Very bad work/life balance, especially for part-timers who WILL work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Missed out on a lot of fun things that friends were doing because I had to work until 11:00 PM or later.
    - Management wants you to put Walmart above everything else in your life. Family, friends, and school- does not matter because Walmart should be your #1.
    - New employees are hired at a higher wage than people who had been working there for 10 years. (I worked there for four years and was making $10.55, new employees were being hired at over $11)

We are people. Treat us as such. You so completely destroyed my self esteem after four years at this company that I was having breakdowns before my shifts and had a difficult time adjusting in my new job where people actually trusted and respected me.

There are newer employer reviews for WalMart Canada