WalMart Canada

www.walmart.ca

it was ok

Current Employee - Stocker  in  East Texas, PA
Current Employee - Stocker in East Texas, PA

Pros

organized
good benifits
neat uuu
fun enviroment
nice cowokers

Cons

no good hours
over worked
unfair treatment
not enough staff

needs

Other reviews for WalMart Canada

Not a bad place to work if you only need part-time work

Pros

1. Very friendly and almost family like atmosphere among employees at my old store
    2. The 10% discount was a nice little perk
    3. Expectations weren't sky high, as long as you showed up to work and did what was asked of you
    4. You will get the opportunity to work all across the store in a wide variety of departments. For someone like myself who could get bored of doing the same thing over and over again, I didn't mind this.

Cons

1. Even within the same store, one Assistant Manager would have vastly different expectations compared to another
    2. Good luck getting more than 12 hours a week during non-peak times, and good luck trying to get much in terms of flexibility with when you get those 12 hours. If you are a full time student and need more flexibility when it comes to your hours, this isn't the job for you (though this could vary by store to store)
    3. You may end up covering up to 4 or 5 departments at once within the store due to there not being enough hours budgeted at your store.

I would say the biggest thing I would suggest, specifically to upper management, would be to ensure that you have the necessary coverage around the store at all times. The other cons I mentioned may be different at each individual store, but floor coverage is something I am sure is a universal issue.

Meh

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

Pros

Good co-workers, not terribly demanding work

Cons

Customers can be horrible and management can leave some important things to the last minute, which is obviously very annoying.

There are newer employer reviews for WalMart Canada.

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!