Walmart

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Gaffney, SC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gaffney, SC

I have been working at WalMart Canada

Pros

nice coworkers and a reasonab schedule

Cons

incompetent managements at all levels, no respect for the individual, and most importantly has lost touch with the customer.

Work on decreasing talent gaps

Other Reviews for WalMart Canada

it was ok

Current Employee - Stocker  in  East Texas, PA
    Current Employee - Stocker in East Texas, PA

I have been working at WalMart Canada

Pros

organized
    good benifits
    neat uuu
    fun enviroment
    nice cowokers

Cons

no good hours
    over worked
    unfair treatment
    not enough staff

needs

Not a bad place to work if you only need part-time work

I worked at WalMart Canada part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Very friendly and almost family like atmosphere among employees at my old store
    2. The 10% discount was a nice little perk
    3. Expectations weren't sky high, as long as you showed up to work and did what was asked of you
    4. You will get the opportunity to work all across the store in a wide variety of departments. For someone like myself who could get bored of doing the same thing over and over again, I didn't mind this.

Cons

1. Even within the same store, one Assistant Manager would have vastly different expectations compared to another
    2. Good luck getting more than 12 hours a week during non-peak times, and good luck trying to get much in terms of flexibility with when you get those 12 hours. If you are a full time student and need more flexibility when it comes to your hours, this isn't the job for you (though this could vary by store to store)
    3. You may end up covering up to 4 or 5 departments at once within the store due to there not being enough hours budgeted at your store.

I would say the biggest thing I would suggest, specifically to upper management, would be to ensure that you have the necessary coverage around the store at all times. The other cons I mentioned may be different at each individual store, but floor coverage is something I am sure is a universal issue.

There are newer employer reviews for WalMart Canada.

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!