There are newer employer reviews for Walbridge

Overall one of the best companies to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Walbridge

Pros

Good family work atmosphere. Great Benefits. Continuous improvement for the employees and the company processes. Walbridge sets the standard for other companies to follow, continously pushing the industry.

Cons

Downsizing of staff due to economy has put more pressure on the remaining employees to do more work with less resources. Project teams are being reduced in size also which makes it harder to provide the best services to our customer. Walbridge has such a high standard that we are slipping into our competition's lower set standards. It is a shame watching this happen.

Advice to Management

Keep our standards higher than other companies by maintaining staff especially on project teams. Overall the job our upper management is doing in this tough time is exceptional and I wouldn't want to work anywhere else right now.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Construction Cost Estimator

Former Employee - Construction Cost Estimator in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Construction Cost Estimator in Detroit, MI

I worked at Walbridge

Pros

Stable work environment. Not a lot of surprises. People are generally pretty cordial. For the industry, strong training and mentoring programs. Top-notch benefits.

Cons

Travel expectation. Pay (especially bonus) is relatively low compared to other construction firms. Senior management does not do a good job retaining top talent (probably due to bonus structure). Feel of "I've been here longer than you" versus "meritocracy". As senior management retires, difficulty will be finding suitable replacements within company ranks.

Advice to Management

The company is on a solid foundation built through years of hard work, sweat, and tears of it's top management. In order to stay on that track, Walbridge should do three things: 1) find the key young talent still at the company and MAKE SURE they stay (i.e. treat them differently!); 2) give key employees preferential geographical options (i.e. let them choose their own project if possible); 3) Allow key players better opportunity at equity stake in company.

2. Average experience

I worked at Walbridge

Pros

Well known in their industry

Cons

Very Bureacratic....Employees are all Robots