There are newer employer reviews for Walden Security

Walden is a solid company

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Walden Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The company takes care of its employees
-Flexible with shifts, hours and location
-Opportunity for advancement if you make the right call to the right person
-Pretty competitive salary in the security field

Cons

-Opportunity for advancement not easy to get even after years within the company
-Raises are little if any at all. Negotiation have to be made through site worked at and Walden
-Minium vacation per year until 5th year and then 10th year of employment

35 Other Employee Reviews for Walden Security (View Most Recent)

Seven great years with a great Company.

Former Employee - Senior Field Supervisor  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Field Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Walden Security

Pros

Great pay, great management, When my late wife was diagnosed with cancer they worked with me by giving me a work schedule that went along with my wife's treatment. When she passed they were very great at giving me time off. Their training is better than other companies, because they want the best people working at the various posts. Most of the people who complained were people who didn't want to any work, but they wanted a pay check for doing nothing.

Cons

They could get better winter jackets and better trousers. The ones they have been getting soaked up the rain and never kept you warm. The trousers were so thin the slightest snag would rip the fabric. They were lousy in the winter.

They need a better health insurance for their employees, and have better dental, and vision benefits for all their officers. Management has a good plan.

Low trust, fear driven company that discourages risk taking and passion.

Former Employee - Corporate Staff  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Corporate Staff in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Walden Security

Pros

It is pretty easy to get hired by this company and if you show up everyday and at least make an effort at doing a good job, you will probably be kept around for a long time. The company has huge potential if management would put some trust in their employees and give them some power to be successful and compensate accordingly.

Cons

The management of this company has little trust in their people. They operate under a 4 inch think SOP which outlines how each person should do the simplest of tasks.

The daily "office talk" is always about who is on the owner's radar that day and who will be the next to get fired.

None of the C-level or VP level corporate staff (outside of the owners) really have any decision making ability. Everything has to be approved through the owners and he frequently ignores his employees making it almost impossible to get things done.

Cross communication between operations is frowned upon outside of a weekly meeting. There is no trust in the branches and management has a fear that they will "team up" against management. It is preferred that operations work in the dark apart from each other - rather than foster an environment of open communication.

Information regarding company performance is hoarded by the owner. Again, the basic thought is that employees can't be trusted and have no business knowing how the company is doing.

Bobble-heads and brown-nosers rule. Certainly don't try to bring anything knew to the table. Just smile and nod during the long-winded swearing sessions and you will get along just fine.

Since fear rules this culture most office staff focus on keeping their heads down, not taking any risks, and kissing up to their managers hoping that it will keep them under the radar.

Goals and Evaluations rarely exist. Tracking my performance was next to impossible because I was never given any goals or feedback - even though I asked for it continuously.

The best advice I can give - If an owner of a company ever spends over an hour trying to tell you how great his company is and how you need to go work for him - RUN...and don't look back.

Trust your people. Award based on performance. Establish goals that can be measured and tracked. Establish a culture of trust and communication. This company has a ton of potential but has most likely reached it's peak if it's employees aren't utilized to their abilities.

There are newer employer reviews for Walden Security

Worked for Walden Security? Contribute to the Community!