There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

It has been a good experience especially for a entry level position straight out of college.

Current Employee - Coordinator
Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Their benefits package are above average.

Cons

You can't bank vacation days untill after 5 years of service. Company will not vest 100% of company match into profit sharing (401K) unless you have completed 5 years of service.

3696 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, chances for advancement.

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Good atmosphere, generally a positive place to be.

Cons

Hard work is always expected but not always acknowledged by the management. They could be a little more in tune with the employees.

It is extremely important to expect great work and consistent work from your employees, but they in turn, have the right to expect positive feedback and not just critical observations.

Work too hard and was not in the "in group"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

Great place to work if you are young, single, and family doesn't mean much to you. If you have young kids be prepared to make many sacrifices.

Cons

I am very knowledgeable about my job and can teach others easily. I was not in the clique so I was looked over for promotion many times.

Promotion should be based on merit not seniority, friendships, or pieces of paper. If you have the right degree or license it doesn't matter if you are incompetent. Just because you go to college for five years doesn't mean you know what you are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens