Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

Got stuck in this hell-hole for 5 years!

Executive Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsClose to my house. This is honestly the only advantage...took me 5-10 minutes to get to work but I think I was lucky. Not everyone shares that experience.

ConsIf you're thinking about a job just to have a job - Walgreens is ok.

If you want a serious and rewarding career - RUN AWAY FROM WAG! Absolutely nothing positive has happened with this company in the last five years. They are a company beholden to wall street and nothing comes between that - even the lives of the workers they abuse.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your employees as much as you care about wall street. Do not lie to your assistant managers guaranteeing them overtime pay and then snake it away without even so much as a thought about how it would affect those people.

Walgeens does not care about people, it has become a number crunching machine, made to satisfy the share holders.

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Springfield, NJ

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros: Competitive compensation, flexible locations to work, humane amount (8) hours… Cons: Terrible health benefits, especially for a health care providing business. Number… Advice to Senior Management: Stop thinking about this quarters earnings per share by cutting and trimming employee hours. Customer service is directly affected by… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very cheap company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

I worked at Walgreens

Pros: Decent pay for managers, some potential for growth depending on… Cons: Cheap company, always cutting payroll without any warning. Biased promotions… Advice to Senior Management: Quit cutting payroll. Customer service is on the decline, losing alot of customers… More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!