Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

great place to work

Current Employee - Service Clerk  in  Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Service Clerk in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

exceptional customer service ,work like a family ,good benefits and profit sharing options

Cons

working for 40 hour a week is dream as service clerk with in first 3 years

Kindly reviews the feedback of the employee

Other reviews for Walgreens

Walgreens is a great company to work for and learn from.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Walgreens has an awesome training program and a true open-door policy. They hold high expectations for their management teams, but they provide more than enough avenues and training to help the employee to succed. MGTs and higher make good wages.

Cons

For management, the time you want off is not easily acheived unless a very major issue has emerged. For standard employees, however, it's pretty easy to adjust your schedule. Each store is on a budget, so overtime has become almost non-existent for hourly employees.

I have been hearing lately that MGT positions are on the way out, being replaced by Team Leaders. Don't do it, Walgreens! Don't be like CVS! I have heard ex-CVS management say, "I'm glad I came to Walgreens." I have never even heard of an ex-Walgreens management member saying, "I'm glad I came to CVS."

I progressed from cashier into management after earning my college degree.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Working for Walgreens gives me flexibility in job location, the company is doing well, and there is room for advancement.

Cons

Any job in the service industry requires weekend and evening work. Dealing with the general public can be a challenge.

Offer a more regular schedule for cashiers and other non-management employees. Create schedules further in advance. Continue offering training opportunities for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!