There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

was a good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Goshen, IN
Current Employee - Manager in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

my store manager is the best

Cons

going down hill employees mean less to them everyday, pay cuts ext..

Advice to Management

keep your employees happy if you want quality work and excellent customer service, show them your loyal and do what you can to make things right while corporate shows how little the care.

reviews filtered by
  1. A non permanent job

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

They work well with schedules and if you need some one to take a shift you can pull someone from a different floor

Cons

Managment has their favorites and they never give raises or if they do it takes for ever. Horrible employee lounge

Advice to Management

I think you guys need to do a better job at doing evaluations. These surveys things take for ever to get back to us with feedback by that time i might not be working there anymore.

2. The go to guy

Current Employee - Store Team Leader in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Store Team Leader in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Great benefits. There is room to move up, but some has to quit, step down, or a new store would have to open, otherwise you will have to wait a long time.

Cons

A lot more on the negative side here on this position. There is a lot of responsiblity place here. This includes and not limited to: pulling out dated items, managing counts, disposing damaged goods, packing out. That is for the whole front half of the store. Besides that one day a week of closing and opening the store. this includes dealing with costumers, managing employes, handling cash. All of that would be fine only if I was getting paid for the work I do. 11 dollars an hour, meanwhile managers get paid almost double that, yet have much less responsiblity. All they have to do is make sure that the store looks okay....any actual set responsiblity, no!

Advice to Management

Store team lead, should be a higher position then the assist management. More work more pay. They treat my position as a manger, so pay me like one.