Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

There's a way....to shaft the employees

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. They provide benefits and a paycheck. That truly is the best I can say about them

Cons

The hours are horrendous unless you work at corporate or in the pharmacy. If you work "self serve" be prepared to work nights, weekends and holidays. They are open 365 days a year and only close early on Xmas and Thanksgiving. The health insurance and ex benefits are a joke. There is zero chance for promotion or job growth of any kind.

4156 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

It's what you make of it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

opportunity to move up in company

Cons

.work on weekends and holidays

value your employees that make many sacrifices from their family

Frustrating because your success is out of your hands

Current Employee - Certified Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

--good discounts
    --good work ethic from co-workers
    --great opportunity to be creative
    --good support from store manager in wanting to see you succeed

Cons

--current assistant manager position is being erased and replaced with a Store Floor Lead (SFL) which will be a keyholder doing the same things we do, but not a managerial role and getting a maximum pay of $14.50/hour. it forces managers who are getting paid to much to get their $%$% together and actually be managers, but also means that MGTs who were looking forward to possibly be promoted this year have even more competition now, bc sorry MGTs are kissing even more butt than usual so they can keep their job.
    --EXAs will become the new ASM which isn't too big of a deal, but now a lot of EXAs know their job is secure, so they act more like Store Managers and delegate 90% of their duties and tasks onto the MGTs bc they know we're fighting to get ahead. Now, you have STLs and MGTs all fighting to outperform each other, while the EXAs continue to sign and fix the promo aisle, when the store continues to fall apart, bc no one is looking at the bigger picture...which is that we all need to work together a team to improve the store.
    --Walgreens legal staff and execs created this hurricane shift of morale in the hopes that it would spur higher productivity and premium efficiency. Unfortunately, we are humans--and when MAN feels his livelihood is threatened, then altruism, camaraderie, or team spirit takes the back seat in deference to his own self-interests

i really don't think it matters what advice i have for the following reasons:
    --i'm not part of their legal staff
    --i don't know what major plans or visions senior partners or execs have for the company until it trickles down to the DMs (who will eventually be replaced by CLs)
    --how many times has Greg Wasson or anyone who works M-F 9-5, off holidays and weekends, with salaries and better benefits than us, read these comments and actually made revolutionary changes as a result?

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens