There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Decent pay, but at what cost is your sanity more important to you than a paycheck?

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Living Wage
- Full-Time Hours
- High job security

Cons

- Work environment
- Management
- Not flexible at all

Talk to your staff, and not to just to give an order. It is a very weird feeling when I have a random Team Lead who has never said a word to me in 3 months tell me to use my phone downstairs (this was a Call-Center Pharmacy Technician job), ad walk off as if I didn't exist. Am I really going to be able to respect a person like that because of the title? No, since it's not humanly possible to show respect for someone who has absolutely shown none towards you. Maintaining your employees requires management to empower their staff and make them feel important at what they do, the Walgreens Call Center does not have this attitude in the workplace.

reviews filtered by
  1. Company slogan lately is do more (work) with less (help).

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

-Walgreens is continuously trying to stay ahead of the curve with new services to try to improve slimming profit margins from just dispensing Rx's. It seems like breakthrough ideas like immunizations (flu shots, zostavax) are not recognized by other retailers until at least a year later.
    -They have a good Profit Sharing Plan

Cons

The problem is that even with the increased services that we provide as pharmacists, there is not enough hours allowed in our budget to support us. MTM, vaccinations, adherence calls, and BP screenings are just some of the daily tasks added to the usual Rx dispensing issues of drug interaction/allergy questions, massive amount of phone calls, and impatient "patients".

I understand you wanted to cut labor hours due to the events that transpired on Jan 1st with ESI, but don't punish the stores that have found a way to increase GP, while doing a lower amount of sales. This standoff from senior management of WAG and ESI caused the dip the sales, and we have worked tremendously to keep the bottom line as high as possible. Give us back some of the support we deserve, so that we can expand these new projects that give us higher profits.

2. A non permanent job

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

They work well with schedules and if you need some one to take a shift you can pull someone from a different floor

Cons

Managment has their favorites and they never give raises or if they do it takes for ever. Horrible employee lounge

I think you guys need to do a better job at doing evaluations. These surveys things take for ever to get back to us with feedback by that time i might not be working there anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens