There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Decent pay, but at what cost is your sanity more important to you than a paycheck?

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Living Wage - Full-Time Hours - High job security

Cons

- Work environment - Management - Not flexible at all

Advice to Management

Talk to your staff, and not to just to give an order. It is a very weird feeling when I have a random Team Lead who has never said a word to me in 3 months tell me to use my phone downstairs (this was a Call-Center Pharmacy Technician job), ad walk off as if I didn't exist. Am I really going to be able to respect a person like that because of the title? No, since it's not humanly possible to show respect for someone who has absolutely shown none towards you. Maintaining your employees requires management to empower their staff and make them feel important at what they do, the Walgreens Call Center does not have this attitude in the workplace.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. It was decent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jenkintown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jenkintown, PA

Pros

Flexible hours were certainly a plus. The team was decent to work with. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. recommended

Cons

The pay was not that great. It was basically a minimum wage position which is difficult to make a living off of

2. Steady hours.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

To gain experience Walgreens is not a bad company to work for. Communication is strong for team work. To be on the same page is very accential for the store front. If you are unable to hold your footing to what you need you wont get it. The management depends on the store you are in. If you are below management you are to work in that Walgreens for your career with Walgreens. To move up in this day and age keep dreaming. You can sale your soul be a great employee and still be left with no advancement for a long period of time.

Cons

Company sprouted out thousands of new stores not competing with just other retalers but itself! I worked on a street with three Walgreens on it.

Advice to Management

Loose dead weight. It is crusial to have a smooth store with a decent atmosphere of respect towards co workers and customers.