There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

I hated working for walgreens.

Former Employee - Cashier in Clermont, FL
Former Employee - Cashier in Clermont, FL

Pros

The discount, most of my coworkers were great to work with. I however enjoyed meeting new people but overall do not recommend this place as a career. It is good for a part time job or maybe a college student but it does not pay the bills and the stresses over the job in my opinion were not worth it. Another perk was getting my pictures developed faster and my prescriptions filled in a short amount of time. My favorite position was working in the cosmetics counter, it allowed me to interact and help more customers which is what I truly enjoyed.

Cons

It seemed like a lot. I was in high school and had concerns about leaving the evening shift at a decent time so I could have time to get home and study but a lot of managers didn't take that into priority therefor frustrating me and leaving me with little time to sleep so I couldn't perform well in school and at my job. Also there were managers that did favors for other employees like giving them more and longer breaks while other employees were lucky if they got one in time. I didn't enjoy this company and will never work there again.

Advice to Management

I hate your company.w

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

Its a stable company with opportunity for the right person, in the right place, at the right time

Current Employee - Executive Assistant (EXA) in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant (EXA) in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

above average compensation and benefits, stable growing company with advancement potential, 7000 stores in 49 states provides opportunity anywhere you would like to go, unbeatable job security

Cons

irregular schedules makes a normal social life nearly impossible, management work / family balance is unfair especially around the christmas season, very high stress for management positions, company focuses on profits at the expense of employee comfort,

Advice to Management

put a program for promotions in place which rewards knowledge and experience as opposed to personal relationships and/or profiling. try to emphasis both people (employees) and profits for company growth.

2. walgreens need to communicate better with employees and set realistic and achievable goals

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

good opportuny to get foot in the door to pharmacy- good training

Cons

bad treatment of employees- demening and unclear communication of what is expected for the job

Advice to Management

communicate better with employees