I hated working for walgreens.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Clermont, FL
Former Employee - Cashier in Clermont, FL

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

The discount, most of my coworkers were great to work with. I however enjoyed meeting new people but overall do not recommend this place as a career. It is good for a part time job or maybe a college student but it does not pay the bills and the stresses over the job in my opinion were not worth it. Another perk was getting my pictures developed faster and my prescriptions filled in a short amount of time. My favorite position was working in the cosmetics counter, it allowed me to interact and help more customers which is what I truly enjoyed.

Cons

It seemed like a lot. I was in high school and had concerns about leaving the evening shift at a decent time so I could have time to get home and study but a lot of managers didn't take that into priority therefor frustrating me and leaving me with little time to sleep so I couldn't perform well in school and at my job. Also there were managers that did favors for other employees like giving them more and longer breaks while other employees were lucky if they got one in time. I didn't enjoy this company and will never work there again.

I hate your company.w

Other Reviews for Walgreens

Its retail what can I say.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

If you are looking for a steady paycheck and job security this job is fine.

Cons

work life balance, unmotivated workers, customer complaints, accomplish miracles with no time

Come work in your worst stores for a day and see how it feels.

If you want to become a Cert. Pharm. Tec. and get paid for, then this is the place to be

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Good benefits (healthcare, dental), stock options, flexible hours, good equipment, disscount on store items

Cons

drive through is annoying, heavy load of work with little compensation, sometimes they cut hours if you fall under a certain amount of hours you loose benefits and if you can't achive certain hourly amount you cannot become a Sen. Tec, even thoug you do all the Sen. Tec. work, employee satisfaction is not a strong side of walgreens,

Happy workers = happy customers = increase in sales

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!