Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Money is money, work is work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Norwalk, CT
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My coworkers are for the most part great people. Some are even funny and a joy to work with. Good summer job for the money. If you work part time, you tend to have a lot of free time on your hands.

Cons

My hours tend to be very random from week to week. I never know more than half a week ahead of time when I'm working, and if I do, it's because the store manager is going on vacation for a while. I feel uncomfortable sharing the times when I'm busy because my notes have to be publicly posted where my coworkers can see in order for my boss to look at them. Most of my coworkers would rather call in sick than say ahead of time that they have somewhere else to be. Only the full-time people ever know when they're gonna be in, but that's because they're full time.

There needs to be a better way to schedule employees for work. Perhaps an e-mail system where employees could submit messages about work conflicts in advance to the manager would be a better way to go about making schedules. The way it is now, employees would rather call in sick than ask for a day off, which leaves the store understaffed and the employees that actually came in scrambling to get everything done. Not that employees are calling in sick all the time, it's just that there have been days where there was at least one person out sick multiple days in a row, and it's all different people.

3959 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Old School - but new blood trickling in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly workers. Wide reach of business. Many many positions.

Cons

Unwillingness to fire results in excess capacity and difficult to move forward.
    Long commute for urban dwellers.

Either increase the competitive nature & relevant rewards of success, or lax on things like vacation, work from home, and summer dress code.

Walgreens, Dependable, but repetative

Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Walgreens has a friendly atmosphere with a staff that is encouraging. You get a lot of independence and a lot of responsisbility to keep you entertained.

Cons

There is no vision insurance. It can be repetative. The make up department feels shallow and it seems like the company is more interested in quantity over quality at times.

Alternating weekends off. Close walgreens on holidays.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens