There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

A good company, lost in the dark

Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Profit sharing is phenomenal. Compensation is adequate-fair(although it's being reduced).

Cons

Restructuring is a nightmare. Top dogs bagged multiple millions in bonuses for improvement last two years, while just about everyone else saw reductions in workforce; scores of layoffs and firings, thousands of full time employees cut in hours by 25%(more humane than firing every 4th one?), now upcoming wage freezes.

Advice to Management

Please get over yourselves. You're not worth an 8 million dollar bonus for putting so many people in harms way.

reviews filtered by

Service Clerk/Pharmacy Tech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonville, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonville, MO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, great atmosphere, friendly staff, assistant manager is great. Manager doesn't know what she's doing.

Cons

The pay is very low, minimum wage, okay if you're just wanting extra income, not enough if you're trying to provide for a family.

Advice to Management

At least give a fifty cent raise and praise the employees who are really working hard and making great efforts.

A pretty good place to work.

Former Employee - Service Clerk in Knox, IN
    Former Employee - Service Clerk in Knox, IN

I worked at Walgreens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Walgreens was a very relaxed place for me. I have a tattoo on my chest that's sometimes visible depending on what shirt I had on that day. When it was visible which was very rare, I heard no complaint and I was never asked to remove my labret, which is a lip piercing. However, it was a very small stud. It was a very low stress job and my managers were great people. They were caring and compassionate and definitely practiced what they preached. Not only that, but they were people you could joke around with.

Cons

Living in a very small town when you're the one closing it's very boring. It's hard to stay busy those last few hours of the night because maybe a handful of people come in at most. One incident with the store owner I had was that I was sick with bronchitis for three days and had a doctor's note and everything. It was January and I hadn't earned any sick days. I was written up for it.