Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

A good company, lost in the dark

Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Profit sharing is phenomenal. Compensation is adequate-fair(although it's being reduced).

Cons

Restructuring is a nightmare. Top dogs bagged multiple millions in bonuses for improvement last two years, while just about everyone else saw reductions in workforce; scores of layoffs and firings, thousands of full time employees cut in hours by 25%(more humane than firing every 4th one?), now upcoming wage freezes.

Please get over yourselves. You're not worth an 8 million dollar bonus for putting so many people in harms way.

3937 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Walgreens Is a GREAT company.... If you let it be.

Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great reason to work for Walgreen's is most definitely the atmosphere (Depending on location...It can vary admittedly). The advancement opportunities are very well in reach, I believe. All it takes is to be motivated and simply, strive to improve, or even innovate something that could make things easier or to increase functionality in your environment. For me, it's in the technological area. Lol, in fact, is now why I'm working to get my CompTIA A+ to start from the motivation of the company in itself. Also, it's simply just great to see some of your customers comming back so often that you build a local relationship unlike larger retail companies. Walgreens is more personal in that area with their customers, and believe it or not....you too.

Cons

Sometimes they do have a lot of tasks, but I view it as a game (lol kind of), its called "beat the lisr" when that happens, I just won the game; ready for the next round.

You can have fun while working...Not just towards management, towards anyone as well.

Friendly employees but lots of work

Current Employee - Service Clerk in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (less than an year)

Pros

mostly nice and helpful employees. mostly everyone seems to work hard and put in sincere effort. employees are a good team, except for one assistant manager who doesn't seem to take his work seriously and slows us all down with his unproductivity. fair pay.

Cons

hard work, overwhelming customers. stress dealing with customers. pressure to focus on details with neatness. one of the assistant managers often makes us work overtime after closing because the job isn't done. he also doesn't seem to enjoy his work and seems unproductive during the day. he doesn't seem to want to help the customers. too much pressure to try to sell things.

communicate and connect better with employees. dont assume things. listen. too much demanding work. manager is too much of a perfectionist

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens