Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Friendly employees but lots of work

Current Employee - Service Clerk in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Service Clerk in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (less than a year)

Pros

mostly nice and helpful employees. mostly everyone seems to work hard and put in sincere effort. employees are a good team, except for one assistant manager who doesn't seem to take his work seriously and slows us all down with his unproductivity. fair pay.

Cons

hard work, overwhelming customers. stress dealing with customers. pressure to focus on details with neatness. one of the assistant managers often makes us work overtime after closing because the job isn't done. he also doesn't seem to enjoy his work and seems unproductive during the day. he doesn't seem to want to help the customers. too much pressure to try to sell things.

communicate and connect better with employees. dont assume things. listen. too much demanding work. manager is too much of a perfectionist

4303 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Five year employee.

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Walgreens full-time

Pros

close to home. fairly flexible hours. most managers are OK.

Cons

health ins. is very affordable, but suprisingly inadequate, especially since this is a nationwide drug store. My store manager is burnt out, but yet continues to work in a fustrated manner, causing the atmosphere in the store to be constantly on edge.

See what the front lines are really like before constituting certain things that they make us do.
    Suggestive selling on the whole is the most annoying thing to our customers and they make no bones about telling us about it.

Walgreens Is a GREAT company.... If you let it be.

Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great reason to work for Walgreen's is most definitely the atmosphere (Depending on location...It can vary admittedly). The advancement opportunities are very well in reach, I believe. All it takes is to be motivated and simply, strive to improve, or even innovate something that could make things easier or to increase functionality in your environment. For me, it's in the technological area. Lol, in fact, is now why I'm working to get my CompTIA A+ to start from the motivation of the company in itself. Also, it's simply just great to see some of your customers comming back so often that you build a local relationship unlike larger retail companies. Walgreens is more personal in that area with their customers, and believe it or not....you too.

Cons

Sometimes they do have a lot of tasks, but I view it as a game (lol kind of), its called "beat the lisr" when that happens, I just won the game; ready for the next round.

You can have fun while working...Not just towards management, towards anyone as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens