There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Getting better on benefits. Very dependent on your role/manager.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Deerfield, IL
Current Employee - Project Manager in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Walgreens is a stable, growing company. There are many different jobs available, especially at the corporate office. Good company to work for.

Cons

The benefits are slightly lagging behind other companies. It is getting better as they are moving to Paid Time Off, which helps with the lack of company holidays.

Advice to Management

Provide more company holidays to be in line with other corporations competing for your employees. Also, rather than charging for the gym membership, you should give it for free and give incentives to use it to lower healthcare costs. Finally, jeans are a free way to improve your employee engagement...don't make the employees PAY to be able to wear them, at least implement jeans days every Friday.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. At the corner

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Available hours, promote from within

Cons

Sometimes asked to move things over and over based on what corporate says, feels like a waste of time.

Advice to Management

none so far

It depends where you work

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, salary (I don't have to support myself, though), VERY flexible hours, fabulous assistant manager, employee discount, generally a good flow of people (at least where I work) - not too busy, not too slow

Cons

Register (but it's retail - what can you do?); coworkers; our store has a floor cleaner come in MAYBE once a month, so it's kind of disgusting, and it's very poorly organized so inventory is a HUGE pain; the repetitive music playlist (again, retail)

Advice to Management

To the HQ - please give us control over our A/C again!! We're dying down here in the south! To the DC - stop packing the totes so full! It might be cheaper, or easier, or whatever, but no one likes to reach into a cosmetics tote and come up with a handful of shampoo.