There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Once great, now just NICE!

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Slightly above average pay for the industry; good benefits

Cons

Walgreens had a great format that they've almost totally abandoned now. The industry leader in the most important category (sales per store) by a more than 2 to 1 margin has decided to imitate the very companies they were beating!

Advice to Management

Give the autonomy that once belonged to the store managers back to them. Let them control their own inventory. Give them back flex space. We were outselling CVS about 2:1 per store and you make these changes because "No one else does it." Think about that. For a while. Actually, it shouldn't take that long. Say it with me: "Oops!" Now think about ESI and say it again.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. Good company BUT......

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provide excellent training, a very impressive wage, and the opportunity to cross train which is good for those people who hate to do the same job over and over year in and year out.

Cons

The biggest con is seeing that Walgreens prefers that their management has a college degree of some sort it is really hard to move up to management from within if you do not have a degree.

2. Hard work.

Pros

Helping people in the community, learn a lot about various medications and their effects on the body.

Cons

Not paid enough for the amount of work put into it. Not nearly enough help as we would need. We are told to push various services that Walgreens offer to all of our customers, even though it is not reasonable to expect us to push about a dozen services onto each and every customer, especially when we don't have enough help. Very hard working job due to the lack of hours.