Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

Walgreens Associates

Photo Specialist/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere is room for advancement and plenty to learn about retail. The company is willing to provide a pathway to advancement to just about anyone willing to work for it. The pay gets better with advancement; in fact, the higher positions pay a rate that is fair for the work required.

ConsThe starting pay is terrible - at or very near minimum wage and unless you only work the register - the work is demanding enough to justify a higher rate of pay. The company does just about everything to avoid ever paying any OT and almost all staff are PT employees because the company wants to avoid paying FT benefits. Scheduling is horrific. Employees don't have scheduled/predictable schedules or days off. Employees are required to work different shifts and may often be required to do 8 hour turn-around shifts. It is very difficult to plan for life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn exchange for the low pay and PT hours it would be nice to at least offer predictable days off if not set schedules (with the understanding that they might change based upon need but that every effort will be made to keep a person working a predetermined set of hours or have the same days off every week where possible).

The company often exports/imports management staff out/in of communities that they may or may not be good fits for and this causes community tension. The company should make a greater effort to match managers with community stores that are good fits for them personally.

Great experience, but got out at the right time.

Assistant Manager (MGT) (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Community-Enjoyed working with most of my co-workers Fun Environment Everyday was… Cons: Hours Transfered frequently-Worked at 5 different stores in 2 1/2 years Got out at… Advice to Senior Management: Your employees are the most important asset you have... try… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not Bad, Not Great

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Competitive Pay, Flexible Work Hours, Meet a lot of people,… Cons: Anything that associated with retail is a con, but its… Advice to Senior Management: TRAINING and CLASSES in Management Please. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!