Walgreens
2.9 of 5 2,787 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

It's retail

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSteady hours, always something new to learn, new programs, stores everywhere.

ConsPolitics, not what you know but who. DM favorites, unfairness from corporate and district management. Do 10x more with 10x less, push push push sales. Typical corporation, executives get million dollar raises while hourly workers get .17 raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementDegree is everything. If you have 20 years walgreens experience but no degree they will promote the person off street with a degree in astrology because they can do a great PowerPoint presentation but can't unload 1700 pc truck at 5am.

An ordeal of insanity.

Service Clerk (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good points of working for Walgreens include: the discount that is the same for both managers and those who work, the paycheck, occasionally good coworkers… Cons: I find it kind of annoying that on the back of my name tag it has the motto of "My mission is Well" which is… Advice to Senior Management: Try to do better or replace yourselves. Treat those at the bottom of the pyramid with more respect rather than like robots, and please, so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It ONCE was a great company to work for.................not anymore

Service Clerk (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Walgreens part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Store managers are great...........trusting you to do your job, give constructive criticism when needed. Good for a… Cons: This company keeps taking away benefits (and positions) from their employees...........no more Christmas gift................vacation… Advice to Senior Management: Be upfront and honest with your employees. Stop taking benefits away because THAT does not motivate your employees to do a good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.