Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

It's what you make of it.

Certified Executive Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsI've been fortunate enough to have worked with awesome mentors and managers that have helped me develop my own unique management style--that is still a work in progress. After the first two years, it's cake walk. Compensation for managers is fair. Opportunities for hourly to "pad paycheck" with promotional monies.

ConsGamble between the different manager styles you'll encounter. Some will make your job a living hell and others will make it cake walk. Either way, it's a physically demanding job that requires stamina. Not saying you need to be in your prime, but there is a lot of bending, walking back and forth, lifting, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove managers every 2 years to keep them engaged with their job and offer more opportunities for advancement. Whether it be laterally or up the chain.

The company is going the wrong direction fast

Exa (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Decent pay but not worth the anxiety Cons: Lots of headaches. Too much going on at once Advice to Senior Management: Too many chiefs No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Loved the work environment, loved meeting all kinds of new people in the store

SIMS Coordinator (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: opportunity for promotions, great company work ethic, good benefits. Cons: If you work as a cashier, it sometimes gets tough… Advice to Senior Management: management is great Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!