There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Fun place to work, but company as a whole has declined in the last few years

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Whitewater, WI
Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Whitewater, WI

I worked at Walgreens part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in the pharmacy can be very rewarding.

Cons

No job security. One we you would have 40 hours the next you'd have 8. It was very wishy washy due to the need to meet the "bottom line" Caused alot of stress between employees and manager.s

Advice to Management

The management can't really help how many hours their store gets, its corporate that needs to look at the big picture.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Happy,Healthy is just a cover up

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company had ok benefits. I get to meet a lots of hard working ,great people(store level)

Cons

After Mr. Walgreen retired and gave this company in the wrong hands people are being fired for the wrong reasons. Everything became about bigger bonuses for CEO and VP's and DM's and other big shots. Even though they say they don't discriminate they do discriminate against women and foreign people. Sad to say this company went down the hill with morals.It's a shame.

Advice to Management

You need to go back to 90's and look how you treated your employees with respect and not like robots and out of your selfishnes firing all inocent people so that you will have more money. i used to love this company and it's easy to say now since morals are so low I really don't have anything good to say about you. You took business over seas to live USA citizens unemployed.Shame on you! Truth comes out sooner or later .You think where you need to make changes.Seems like you need to go to Mr. Walgreen cause someone doesn't know what they are doing. Right now store managers are going down and other personel don't worry your turn will come too. Ever heard about Karma?

2. The employees at entry level should be treated with more respect.

Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always close to home. Flexible hours.

Cons

While working in customer service for Walgreens I felt like I was treated unfairly. Managers had very low respect for there employee's. I worked for them for over 4 years. With very little pay, 25cent yearly raises, and no chances to move up. I felt I was discriminated against because of my age. Customers were often allowed to disrespect employees which caused for very low moral.

Advice to Management

Managers should have a positive customer service attitude and treated employees with value. I believe that working the jobs with less pay would be more tolerable. The work place should not be a popularity contest and no one person should be treated with less respect than any other.