Mixed Feelings

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Hickory, NC
Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Walgreen's has a good health benefits plan. It includes medical, dental, and vision. For the most part, the operating system in the pharmacy (IntercomPlus) is a good computer system. The work environment can vary greatly from store to store. I have worked in many different stores and finally found a store with a very fair manager and great co-workers, which seems to be a rare combination.

Cons

Like most companies these days, Walgreen's is pushing the envelope to see how far they can scale down the staff before the walls begin to crumble. I you want to work in the pharmacy, be prepared to juggle the responsibilities of three people. If you can't multitask or get easily flustered in chaotic situations, I don't recommend a career in retail pharmacy. It is lightening-fast pace. Since corporate controls the hourly budget, you have no say in how many tech/pharmacist hours can be scheduled for your pharmacy. Often times, there is only one pharmacist and one technician on duty when in all reality there should be at least 2 pharmacists, and 2 to 3 techs to adequately handle the heavy work loads.
Furthermore, if you work in a 24-hour pharmacy, you are required to work all holidays--no exceptions.

More money should go towards payroll to adequately staff the pharmacies.

Other Reviews for Walgreens

Fun place to work, but company as a whole has declined in the last few years

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Whitewater, WI
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Whitewater, WI

I worked at Walgreens part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working in the pharmacy can be very rewarding.

Cons

No job security. One we you would have 40 hours the next you'd have 8. It was very wishy washy due to the need to meet the "bottom line" Caused alot of stress between employees and manager.s

The management can't really help how many hours their store gets, its corporate that needs to look at the big picture.

Happy,Healthy is just a cover up

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company had ok benefits. I get to meet a lots of hard working ,great people(store level)

Cons

After Mr. Walgreen retired and gave this company in the wrong hands people are being fired for the wrong reasons. Everything became about bigger bonuses for CEO and VP's and DM's and other big shots. Even though they say they don't discriminate they do discriminate against women and foreign people. Sad to say this company went down the hill with morals.It's a shame.

You need to go back to 90's and look how you treated your employees with respect and not like robots and out of your selfishnes firing all inocent people so that you will have more money. i used to love this company and it's easy to say now since morals are so low I really don't have anything good to say about you. You took business over seas to live USA citizens unemployed.Shame on you! Truth comes out sooner or later .You think where you need to make changes.Seems like you need to go to Mr. Walgreen cause someone doesn't know what they are doing. Right now store managers are going down and other personel don't worry your turn will come too. Ever heard about Karma?

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!