There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

They had me working hours that I had not agreed to, and doing things that were not part of my job description.

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Mound, MN
Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Mound, MN

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had a good employee discount, and very friendly employees.

Cons

As a highschool student, my studies weren't taken into account. I was given hours that were not suitable and which I hadn't agreed to.

Having a high school student work the closing shift is fine. However, having them work the closing shift three nights a week at times, while also trying to keep there grades in school is very difficult.

3662 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Mixed Feelings

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Walgreen's has a good health benefits plan. It includes medical, dental, and vision. For the most part, the operating system in the pharmacy (IntercomPlus) is a good computer system. The work environment can vary greatly from store to store. I have worked in many different stores and finally found a store with a very fair manager and great co-workers, which seems to be a rare combination.

Cons

Like most companies these days, Walgreen's is pushing the envelope to see how far they can scale down the staff before the walls begin to crumble. I you want to work in the pharmacy, be prepared to juggle the responsibilities of three people. If you can't multitask or get easily flustered in chaotic situations, I don't recommend a career in retail pharmacy. It is lightening-fast pace. Since corporate controls the hourly budget, you have no say in how many tech/pharmacist hours can be scheduled for your pharmacy. Often times, there is only one pharmacist and one technician on duty when in all reality there should be at least 2 pharmacists, and 2 to 3 techs to adequately handle the heavy work loads.
    Furthermore, if you work in a 24-hour pharmacy, you are required to work all holidays--no exceptions.

More money should go towards payroll to adequately staff the pharmacies.

Fun place to work, but company as a whole has declined in the last few years

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Whitewater, WI
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Whitewater, WI

I worked at Walgreens part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in the pharmacy can be very rewarding.

Cons

No job security. One we you would have 40 hours the next you'd have 8. It was very wishy washy due to the need to meet the "bottom line" Caused alot of stress between employees and manager.s

The management can't really help how many hours their store gets, its corporate that needs to look at the big picture.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens