There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Don't Waste Your Life Here

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Aberdeen, MD
Current Employee - Service Clerk in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I don't believe there are pros to working at Walgreens, only one that I could think of is we get Promotional money for selling some items. But honestly, that's only for candies and or really expensive makeup and the money amount is never over $5 per item.

Cons

EVERYTHING. They will slave you out for no apparent reason, tell you to do work, and take credit for it. They'll make sure they get more than enough work out of you for that 7.50/ hour. Oh, and they make sure you SELL, SELL, SELL! tf?

Stop having favorites it's breaking up people.

reviews filtered by
  1. Retail is not for me

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)

I worked at Walgreens full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot and managed a great team

Cons

Working holidays and sometimes 12 days in a row. Dealing with nasty customers

2. Work/Life balance should be important.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay raises every year. It's a job.

Cons

Work/Life balance is virtually non existant. Not real good at follow through when they ask for input from employees with the yearly survey. Move management whenever, wherever they want with no consideration for their commute, needs and wants. Make EXA's and Store Managers work 5 1/2 days. No time for family life. Benefits use to be great, now not so much.

Good employee morale makes for better customer service. If you would like for your employees to push the "Be Well" montra you may want to look at the benefits for them. Employees that work on the floor don't make alot of money and some can't afford what you offer. Quality of life for your employees should be at one of the considerations while you are restructuring. Keep in mind we care and want to keep our pay and jobs as much as top management does. When you care-we care...

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens